To see our open positions, please visit our career center.
For Steppingstone’s Fall 2022 opportunities, click here.
*** NOW SEEKING: Staff for Summer 2022 Opportunities ***
Steppingstone maintains a robust set of summer opportunities for students in middle, high school, and transitioning to college. The organization employs a number of seasonal staff to deliver high quality programming and support to our Scholars.
We are seeking individuals with a passion for Philadelphia youth, and a desire to help us deliver high caliber summer programs across the city.
Click here for program, schedule, candidate qualification, compensation and contact details.
Click here to go directly to the application for Summer Positions. Please keep in mind that you will need to note which program and role you’re interested in as part of your application.
Descriptions of Programs Seeking Summer Staff
- **NEW PROGRAM** Biopharmaceutical/ Biotech Pre-Training – The summer pre-training will prepare students to enter an intensive, hands-on, 1-2 semester training for entry-level jobs in Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing, making crucial medicines and vaccines.
- Blended Learning Initiative – Penn Engineering has partnered with us to implement a curriculum that exposes students in grades 6-9 to JAVA. This deep dive into one of the most powerful and popular programming languages provides students with a strong foundation in writing and programming.
- Dual Enrollment – through our university partnerships, we offer high school students the opportunities to take advance college coursework.
- Fox Chase TRIP – The Teen Research Internship Program introduces students to hands-on biomedical science research, learning to design and carry out their own project addressing a research question of interest. Fox Chase TRIP will have a Steppingstone cohort, which includes preparatory workshops and weekly support sessions during the core 5-week program.
- Middle Grades Academy (MGA) STEAM – This program engages rising 7th and 8th graders from seven (7) local middle schools in math and themed career classes. Career exposure will center on the fields of Biotechnology, Health Science, Education, Computer Science, and Business.
- Ninth Grade Summer Bridge – the transition from 8th to 9th grade is sometimes a challenge for young people. Steppingstone partners with Philadelphia Futures to deliver high quality programming that emphasizes time management, study skills, goal setting, and college readiness.
- Summer Bridge to Jobs & Training – This program supports graduating seniors in considering competitive employment after high school. Students will participate in 6-weeks of paid career exploration and exposure to advanced training options. During the time, they are able to select from multiple training pathways, such as an Introduction to BioManufacturing or Registered Behavior Technician.
- Summer Internships – Summer internships provide valuable hands-on learning opportunities and work experience with local businesses to give students valuable work experience. Students will interview with local businesses and be placed in a job up to 20 hours/week for a 6-week summer job experience.
At Steppingstone, we are equally committed to the development of students’ academic skills as we are to breaking down the systemic barriers of racism and socioeconomic injustice. We seek passionate, solutions-oriented professionals dedicated to the creation of educational opportunities for underserved students, which drive social mobility and growth. If this work inspires you, Steppingstone welcomes a conversation. If you have any questions about careers with Steppingstone, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.